The news I know a lot of people have been waiting for: CASTING INFO for the Catching Fire movie!! This is straight from the acting-auditions.org website. It will give you all the information you need to know for upcoming Catching Fire auditions.
The second film in Lionsgate’s The Hunger Games Trilogy, “Catching Fire”, is gearing up for pre-production and casting will soon be underway in Los Angeles for new co-starring and supporting roles. The day players, extras, photo doubles, and stand-ins will be hired in North Carolina as the beginning of filming approaches. The studio is fast tracking this project because Jennifer Lawrence has a contract commitment with 20th Century Fox for a sequel to “X-Men: First Class” which starts shooting in January 2013. Filming on “Catching Fire” will begin this Summer, 2012. “The Hunger Games” took 4-1/2 months to complete principal photography.
“The Hunger Games” budget has been estimated at $78 million, and the film has grossed over $619 million worldwide as of May 6, 2012. The movie was released on March 23, 2012. After two days of release, it became Lionsgate’s highest grossing film ever. “Catching Fire” will hit theaters on Friday November 22, 2013.
Some of the new characters to be cast include, but are not limited, to the following:
• Johanna Mason, female, sarcastic and often cruel victor from District 7.
• Beetee and Wiress, an older couple, dark hair, pale skin from District 3, very smart.
• Finnick Odair, male, mid-20′s, very handsome, tall, tan skin, bronze hair, green eyes.
• Blight, male, mid-20′s, mentor and tribute District 7. Won a previous Hunger Games.
• Romulus Thread, male, mid 30′s – 40′s, new Head Peacekeeper of District 12.
• Twill, female, mid-30′s, teacher, escapes to District 12 where she meet Katniss.
• Bonnie, female, 17, crooked teeth, chocolate brown eyes, escapes to District 12 with Twill.
• Wiress, female, 40ish, tribute from District 3, dark hair, pale skin.
• Bristel, female, 17-19, miner in District 12.
• Leevy, female, 17ish, dark hair, gray eyes, Katniss’ neighbor from District 12.
• Cashmere, female, late 20′s, classic beauty, long blond curls, arrogant District 1 tribute.
• Gloss, male, mid-20′s, Cashmere’s brother. Mentor, victor, career tribute.
Minors and foreign talent must be legally eligible to work in the state of North Carolina and in the United States.
The 2012 North Carolina Actors Resource Guide eBook <http://www.actorsresourceguides.com/> includes the following information and documents for adults, minors, and foreign talent who would like to work as an actor or extra on film and television productions in North Carolina and the United States:
• USA Child Actor Work Permit Requirements • North Carolina Child Performer Labor Law Information • North Carolina Youth Employment Certificate Instructions • North Carolina Youth Approval To Work Late Hours Form • North Carolina Minor Intention To Employ Form • North Carolina Dept. of Labor Rules and Regulations Relative to Employment of Children under 16 Years of Age.
• Immigration Work Permit Information
• Non-Immigrant Visa Application
• Links for Child Labor Information
In addition to the following Louisiana Actors Resources:
• Audition Tips
• How To Make an Audition Video
• North Carolina Casting Directors List
• North Carolina Extras Casting Directors List • North Carolina Talent Agents List • North Carolina Acting Coaches, Classes, and Schools List • North Carolina Headshot Photographers List • Headshot Mass Printing Photo Labs • Miscellaneous North Carolina Resources • Actors Unions • Sample Actors Resume • Sample Beginning Actors Resume • Sample Cover Letters • General Talent Agent Information • Entertainment Industry Terminology • PDF Users Guide
The 2012 North Carolina Actors Resource Guide eBook is available here <http://www.actorsresourceguides.com/>.
Principal Actor Casting
See the post titled Headshot and Resume Information <http://www.acting-auditions.org/2007/11/headshot-and-resume.html> regarding how to submit for acting roles.
Submit photos and resumes by mail only.
No phone calls or personal drop-offs.
1438 N. Gower Street
Building 35, Suite 270
Hollywood, CA 90028
1819 Market Street
Wilmington, NC 28403
Tona B. Dahlquist Casting
P.O. Box 4427
Irmo, SC 29063
Extras casting will NOT begin until shortly before filming begins. Open casting calls for extras and registration information will be posted here as it becomes available.
Remember – when looking at any casting information you should never have to pay to audition or have your resume seen by casting agents. Anything that asks you to pay is a scam. This information has not been confirmed by Lionsgate as of yet.
So be cautious, but if you plan on auditioning, good luck!