We know there’s some pretty die-hard Hunger Games fans out there. You only have to look at the incredible array of fan art to see how inspired many have been by Suzanne Collins’ books.
So if you’re as crazy about The Hunger Games as we are, then the idea of a Hunger Games themed party might be right up your alley. Hypable has taken a look at some ideas if you want to go all out.
- As they point out, the centerpiece of a party is often the cake. You can make this one by following all of the steps outlined here.
- Another element of a great theme party is food. There are many creative ways to surprise even the most discriminate Hunger Games fan. This site has compiled an entire catalogue of different Hunger Games-oriented recipes.
- Styling the party invitation can be really fun. Here’s a sample idea for how to make a Hunger Games-themed party invitation.
- Decor is essential. If you don’t have the resources (or energy) to transform your space completely, posters or book cover images are always a good start. If you want to take it all the way, though, you could set up houseplants to replicate the woods and have a mini-pond (a child’s swimming pool would work) to house the ice and drinks, put a few parachutes with prizes about, and hang a few mockingjays around the ceiling. Notice what was done with the parachutes in the party pictures here.
- Games will also be a fun element to play with in a Hunger Games-themed party. You could have a trivia game (a great sample list of questions can be found here)