One of the Kindle’s abilities is to highlight specific passages and now Amazon has released the most highlighted passes from the e-reader. 8 of these passages are from The Hunger Games Trilogy. Here is the full list:
1. “Because sometimes things happen to people and they’re not equipped to deal with them.” (Catching Fire)
2. “The rules of the Hunger Games are simple. In punishment for the uprising, each of the twelve districts must provide one girl and one boy, called tributes, to participate. The twenty-four tributes will be imprisoned in a vast outdoor arena that could hold anything from a burning desert to a frozen wasteland. Over a period of several weeks, the competitors must fight to the death. The last tribute standing wins.” (The Hunger Games)
3. “It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife.” (Pride and Prejudice)
4. “It takes ten times as long to put yourself back together as it does to fall apart.” (Mockingjay)
5. “’I just want to spend every possible minute of the rest of my life with you,’ Peeta replies.” (Catching Fire)
6. “’I wish I could freeze this moment, right here, right now, and live in it forever,’ he says.” (Catching Fire)
7. “Life in District 12 isn’t really so different from life in the arena. At some point, you have to stop running and turn around and face whoever wants you dead.” (Catching Fire)
8. “Pride relates more to our opinion of ourselves, vanity to what we would have others think of us.” (Pride and Prejudice)
9. “’Having an eye for beauty isn’t the same thing as a weakness,’ Peeta points out. ‘Except possibly when it comes to you.’” (Catching Fire)
10. “I am not pretty. I am not beautiful. I am as radiant as the sun.” (The Hunger Games)
If you keep reading their list, The Hunger Games Trilogy takes a total of 20 out of the 25 released quotes.
How awesome is that? Congrats Suzanne Collins!