Ryan Seacrest has posted 5 fun facts about The Hunger Games..let’s take a look shall we…..
1. There were some interesting hair color changes on set. Both Jennifer Lawrence and Liam Hemsworth are both natural blondes, but for their roles as Katniss (Lawrence) and Gale (Hemsworth), they had to dye their hair brown. Yes, that’s typically normal for a movie role, but what makes this a fun fact is that Josh Hutchersonwho is naturally a brunette, had to dye his hair blonde for his role as Peeta. What are the odds?
2. Since this book series is a trilogy, we just assumed that the other two books (Catching Fire, Mockingjay) were brainstormed and ready to go already, but that’s not the case at all. If “The Hunger Games” bombs at the box office, the movie series might just stop all together.
3. Lionsgate (the movie’s production company) decided to sell opening day tickets in advance on February 22. Little did they know (or maybe they did) that they would smash the record, which originally belonged to Twilight‘s “Eclipse,” for the most tickets sold for a one day showing in advance. Those tickets served as 83% of ticket sales for the day.
4. Jennifer Lawrence was up for the lead role against many of Hollywood’s “It” actresses including Emma Roberts (“Scream 4“), Abigail Breslin (“Little Miss Sunshine“), and Chloë Grace Moretz (“Kick-Ass“).
5. The 2012 movie “Savages” was calling Jennifer Lawrence’s name to play their lead female role but, Jennifer turned it down to film “The Hunger Games” instead. Blake Lively later went on to take Jennifer’s “Savages” role.
Source: Ryan Seacrest